Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how can I find the mid-nodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using Taylor-hood ( second-order Lagrange) FEM to solve some PDEs, thus I need to number the nodes including the mid-point at each edge of the triangular element. The fem.mesh.t and fem.mesh.p only offer the positions and informations of the vertices, not including the mid-nodes.

How can I determine the positions of the mid-nodes and give them an order, like fem.mesh.t and fem.mesh.p.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 5, 2009, 7:42 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2009, 7:42 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I think you should use the "xmeshinfo" from matlab script. For example, assuming fem is your fem structure, then:

fem.xmesh=meshextend(fem); %-create extended mesh
meshxinfo=xmeshinfo(fem,'out','nodes'); %-structured array
allnodes=meshxinfo.coords; %-return the complete list (coordinate) of all nodes into your model

I hope this may be useful

Regards

Pasquale

Hi, I think you should use the "xmeshinfo" from matlab script. For example, assuming fem is your fem structure, then: fem.xmesh=meshextend(fem); %-create extended mesh meshxinfo=xmeshinfo(fem,'out','nodes'); %-structured array allnodes=meshxinfo.coords; %-return the complete list (coordinate) of all nodes into your model I hope this may be useful Regards Pasquale

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.