Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigen Frequency for Predeformed membrane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

Please tell, How can I run Eigen Frequency Simulation on predeformed membrane.

Regards

--
Anil Arora

3 Replies Last Post Nov 14, 2010, 8:55 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2010, 11:57 p.m. EST

--
Anil Arora
-- Anil Arora

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2010, 2:34 a.m. EST
Hi

there are a few threads about this, try a search on the Forum.
Basically in 3.5 you need to run via matlab a stationary case, store the solution and use it as the starting point for a linearization of the eigenfrequecy analysis.

In V4 you can achieve this fully within the GUI environment. in v4.1 you add a stationary followed by a eignefrequency one after the other, ask for the default solver and check that they eare done in two steps with a store solution in between, and that the eigenfrequency initial conditions are taken from the stored solution.

an V4.0 you need to build the solver sequence partly by hand

As an example, try a buckling model in structural, I believe the re is one in the model library

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are a few threads about this, try a search on the Forum. Basically in 3.5 you need to run via matlab a stationary case, store the solution and use it as the starting point for a linearization of the eigenfrequecy analysis. In V4 you can achieve this fully within the GUI environment. in v4.1 you add a stationary followed by a eignefrequency one after the other, ask for the default solver and check that they eare done in two steps with a store solution in between, and that the eigenfrequency initial conditions are taken from the stored solution. an V4.0 you need to build the solver sequence partly by hand As an example, try a buckling model in structural, I believe the re is one in the model library -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 14, 2010, 8:55 a.m. EST
Thanks a lot.
I will try it in V4.1

--
Anil Arora
Thanks a lot. I will try it in V4.1 -- Anil Arora

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.