Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bandgap examination

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am having trouble recreating the band gap analysis from
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/798/
with comsol 4.0a

i am aware that the UI has undergone a major shift from 3.5 to 4.0 and i am having trouble mapping all the stuff from the sbs instructions to comsol 4.0a

loading the model and running that gives me various errors as far as i can tell mainly missing variables

then i tried to recreate the whole thing from scratch.
i have most of it sussed so far but certain things still evade me, as far as i can tell certain variables are never actually set...
for instance i reference labda0_rfwe but according to the tutorial it is never set anywhere...
the same can be said for Ez it is used but never allocated...

so has anybody been able to get the example to run under 4.0a or could somebody point me in the right direction in order to gain a band gap diagram from comsol

1 Reply Last Post Oct 22, 2011, 5:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fantatier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 22, 2011, 5:15 a.m. EDT
hi, Fantatier

do you figure out the problem? i met the same problem. any suggestions?

Hi,
I am having trouble recreating the band gap analysis from
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/798/
with comsol 4.0a

i am aware that the UI has undergone a major shift from 3.5 to 4.0 and i am having trouble mapping all the stuff from the sbs instructions to comsol 4.0a

loading the model and running that gives me various errors as far as i can tell mainly missing variables

then i tried to recreate the whole thing from scratch.
i have most of it sussed so far but certain things still evade me, as far as i can tell certain variables are never actually set...
for instance i reference labda0_rfwe but according to the tutorial it is never set anywhere...
the same can be said for Ez it is used but never allocated...

so has anybody been able to get the example to run under 4.0a or could somebody point me in the right direction in order to gain a band gap diagram from comsol

hi, Fantatier do you figure out the problem? i met the same problem. any suggestions? [QUOTE] Hi, I am having trouble recreating the band gap analysis from http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/798/ with comsol 4.0a i am aware that the UI has undergone a major shift from 3.5 to 4.0 and i am having trouble mapping all the stuff from the sbs instructions to comsol 4.0a loading the model and running that gives me various errors as far as i can tell mainly missing variables then i tried to recreate the whole thing from scratch. i have most of it sussed so far but certain things still evade me, as far as i can tell certain variables are never actually set... for instance i reference labda0_rfwe but according to the tutorial it is never set anywhere... the same can be said for Ez it is used but never allocated... so has anybody been able to get the example to run under 4.0a or could somebody point me in the right direction in order to gain a band gap diagram from comsol [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.