Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

missing "COMSOL 4.1 with MATLAB" icon on Start Menu

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have tried to use LiveLinkForMatlab user guide for linking COMSOL with Matlab. On pp. 11, the user guide for COMSOL 4.1 says, "Windows: choose COMSOL 4.1 with MATLAB from the Start Menu," but I dont have such an icon in my Start Menu. I am wondering why I am missing the icon. Can any one let me know how I can resolve the issue?

Thanx,

2 Replies Last Post May 31, 2012, 9:57 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello sshahir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 24, 2011, 5:05 p.m. EDT
Me too
Me too

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2012, 9:57 a.m. EDT
Repair COMSOL. In COMSOL installer window, under LiveLink for MATLAB, put your MATLAB installation folder in Program Files as MATLAB installation root.
Repair COMSOL. In COMSOL installer window, under LiveLink for MATLAB, put your MATLAB installation folder in Program Files as MATLAB installation root.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.