Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why the results change from time to time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I got a problem in using the COMSOL.

My task is to calculate the impedance between two contacts/conductors which are laid in a multi-layered(about 12) substrate under different frequence.
I choose the AC/DC Module-Quasi-Static,Electric-Electric Currents. I also set the " Weak constraints" as "on".

I tried different levels of mesh and different Input propertes for the port from Forced voltage to Fixed current and Fixed current density. But I can NOT get a stable solution. It changed when I recalculate it.

And I have no idea about how to choose the solver.
Due to I need the result of different frequence, I choose the "Parametric". And I use the "Direct (SPOOLES)" . I also tried the GMRES but it showed me a message" The diagonal have zero" or "Can't calculate the complex..."

The biggest problem is the unstable result. It chages every time!
Anyone has any idea for me?

Any comment will be gratulated, no matter about the right "Module" , the "Input propertes" , the "Mesh"(I only use free mesh) or the "Solver".

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2011, 1:35 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2011, 11:20 p.m. EST
Anybody help?
Anybody help?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 1:35 a.m. EST
Hi

i believe the easiest for us out here is that you say which version you are running and upload the model or explain it in detail, because that behavior is not really "normal" I agree, but its impossible for us out here to give a reasonable reply, it's to case specific for us to understand, in other words it should not happen if the model is correctly set up, but there are so many fields and selections in COMSOL that it is easy to miss one ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi i believe the easiest for us out here is that you say which version you are running and upload the model or explain it in detail, because that behavior is not really "normal" I agree, but its impossible for us out here to give a reasonable reply, it's to case specific for us to understand, in other words it should not happen if the model is correctly set up, but there are so many fields and selections in COMSOL that it is easy to miss one ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.