Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Imposing boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am stuck with the following problem about how setting boundary conditions:

I have a simple geometry: actually 2D, but for what matters here, one may consider a simple 1D, with 0 < x < 1.

Mine is a PDE problem in coefficient forms: a total of 7 equations, 3 of them second-order, the other 4 first-order.
Thus, I have to set a total of 10 boundary conditions.
Let us call brad, bpol, btor, vrad, vpol, vtor, pot, the 7 independent variables.

My problem is this:
Out of the 10 BC's, I have to impose 9 of them on the left side: some of the are the values of the independent
variables (thus a Dirichlet BC), others are their derivatives.
In detail, I have to impose on the left side (x = 0):
brad, bpol, btor, vrad, vtor, vpol AND
vrad_x, vpol_x, vtor_x (the values of the derivatives)

Finally, I have just one BC on the right side: pot

Comsol allows me to set up to 7 constraints for each side. How can I override this limit ?

Thanks for your assistance

Fabio

0 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2011, 4:38 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fabio Sattin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.