Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

general pde mode, spherical coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everybody
I want to solve a differential equation in spherical coordinates (just “R” component dependent)
By “General PDE mode” (comsol3.4).
But there is no default spherical coordinates in the comsol .
Now how can I resolve this problem?
The simulation geometry is as following:
A----------------------------------------B
Regards
parviz

6 Replies Last Post Feb 20, 2013, 1:13 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 1:24 a.m. EST
Hi

define the coordinate yourself, see the KB (and other treads on the FORUM)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi define the coordinate yourself, see the KB (and other treads on the FORUM) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 1:33 p.m. EST
thanks ivar

but i can not find the KB.

can i pre-arrenge the my equation and so, use the cartesian coordinates?

regards
parviz
thanks ivar but i can not find the KB. can i pre-arrenge the my equation and so, use the cartesian coordinates? regards parviz

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 3:34 p.m. EST
Hi

sorry, KB is the sort for the official Knowledge Base of COMSOL

www.comsol.eu/support/knowledgebase/browse/900/

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry, KB is the sort for the official Knowledge Base of COMSOL http://www.comsol.eu/support/knowledgebase/browse/900/ -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2011, 3:20 p.m. EST
thanks ivar

regards
parviz
thanks ivar regards parviz

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 20, 2013, 8:26 a.m. EST
Hi

I am facing the same problem you had few years ago. Could you please tell me how you solved this issue?
I have to model mass transport in spherical coordinates.

I cannot access to KB that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance
Hi I am facing the same problem you had few years ago. Could you please tell me how you solved this issue? I have to model mass transport in spherical coordinates. I cannot access to KB that's why I am asking. Thanks in advance

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 20, 2013, 1:13 p.m. EST
Hi

you can define the spherical coordinate system, andthen use the references of the "user coordinate" system "sys2..." to define or transform your variable (oth ways actually)

But COMSOL by default work in cartesian coordiantes so you need to map ack and perhaps, for the results forward ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can define the spherical coordinate system, andthen use the references of the "user coordinate" system "sys2..." to define or transform your variable (oth ways actually) But COMSOL by default work in cartesian coordiantes so you need to map ack and perhaps, for the results forward ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.