Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

implementation of Complex conjugate in PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to solve the time dependent Ginzburg-Landau equation, which incorporates the complex number and complex conjugate function. I have no idea how to handle the complex things in PDE. Please help me how to do that.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2011, 4:15 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 21, 2011, 4:15 a.m. EDT
Hi

by default COMSOL works in real mode, but is able to switch to complex mode, sometimes by itself (when programmed to detect it), or by user settings. Then you need to enter and read out the values, ie. Bode plots must be programmed manually as "abs(varable)" and "atan2(imag(variable),real(varable)*180/pi"

check also the realdot() operator, and the phasor notation of COMSL

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi by default COMSOL works in real mode, but is able to switch to complex mode, sometimes by itself (when programmed to detect it), or by user settings. Then you need to enter and read out the values, ie. Bode plots must be programmed manually as "abs(varable)" and "atan2(imag(variable),real(varable)*180/pi" check also the realdot() operator, and the phasor notation of COMSL -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.