Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrating global variable over parameter values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm simulating a solar cell having the wavelength go through different parameter values, and I have a global variable which is the absorbed spectral irradiance (as a function of the wavelength). I want to integrate this over all the wavelengths, to get the absorbed irradiance. So basically COMSOL is able to make the graph, but how do I get the area under it? I tried to use the quad operator, but it doesn't work. I'm even considerring splitting the area under the graph into rectangles, but COMSOL must be able to do it. I want to do this inside COMSOL, without having to use MATLAB.
Oh, and for some reason my file is 69 Mb, seems like it is too big to upload.

Regards,

Erik

1 Reply Last Post Apr 7, 2011, 9:25 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 7, 2011, 9:25 a.m. EDT
Hi

I not sure any longer how it worked in 3.5 (or even if it was possible without using matlab).

In V4 you export the value to a table and sum it up therein (inside COMSOL)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I not sure any longer how it worked in 3.5 (or even if it was possible without using matlab). In V4 you export the value to a table and sum it up therein (inside COMSOL) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.