Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D isotropic structure vibrating in air

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to find out how different eigenmodes of a 3D isotropic structure radiate in air. I have the structure surrounded by air (enclosed by a PML). The air provides acoustic load to the structure and the normal acceleration between the structure and air boundaries is continuous. For some reason, I do not get an answer. I am beginning to doubt I am doing something wrong. This is why I was wondering if anyone has solved something similar in COMSOL 4.0?

Henna

0 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2011, 10:46 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Henna Tahvanainen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.