Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Example Model not working - Elastoplastic Analysis of Plate with Center Hole

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am following the instructions in the "Elastoplastic Analysis of Plate with Center Hole" pdf to create the model.

I have found the supplied model in comsol model directory, but I find that I learn better about the capabilities of Comsol if I create the models from scratch.

The problem I have is that after completing the section for Study I on page 10 of the pdf, the solution only has one value for the paramater para, not the array it should.

I have compared my model with the one in the model directory but cannot find what is different.

Could someone take a look and let me know what I am missing?

Model is attached below.

Thanks,

Roy

1 Reply Last Post Jul 8, 2011, 11:06 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 8, 2011, 11:06 a.m. EDT
ok, found the error this morning. I entered the ranges incorrectly in the range window tool. Strange that there was no error message about impossible ranges like this one range(0.44,0.59,0.05).

Guessed it was something simple...
ok, found the error this morning. I entered the ranges incorrectly in the range window tool. Strange that there was no error message about impossible ranges like this one range(0.44,0.59,0.05). Guessed it was something simple...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.