Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of the temperature maxima of the entire simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I have simulated the time-dependent joule-heating of a structure, now I like to calculate the total maximum of the temperature which occurred during the entire heating and cooling process (only one value). My problem is that I’m only able to calculate the highest value for each time-step and not the highest value over all time-step. Is there a way how such a total maxima could be calculated?

Thanks
Sebastian

1 Reply Last Post Jul 26, 2011, 3:33 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 26, 2011, 3:33 a.m. EDT
I have found that the value of a specific time-step could be displayed by using the at operator (at(time,variable). Is there any possibility to get the time-step at which the temperature maximum of the simulation had been occurred?

Thanks for help
Sebastian
I have found that the value of a specific time-step could be displayed by using the at operator (at(time,variable). Is there any possibility to get the time-step at which the temperature maximum of the simulation had been occurred? Thanks for help Sebastian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.