Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

initial stress and strain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a question about Initial Stress and Strain sub-node in Solid Mechanics. I use Viscoelastic material with Init stress and strain sub-node in a time-dependent study. There is also some another module which is steady and solved together with solid mechanics by time-dependent solver. I want to update solid mechanics at each step by the results calculated in the secod module. May I use for this Initial Stress and Strain, or this sub-node is for the initialization at t==0 only? I found in the documentation that Init Stress and Strain can be used for the model coupling,but it is uclear for me how I can update the time-dependent solution at each time-step. I'm also using initial values for the variables solved for in the Solver (v4.2).
Have anybody used this feature?

Thanks a lot,
Regina

0 Replies Last Post Jul 26, 2011, 8:17 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Regina Katsman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.