Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple Electric current simulation (Capacitor)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everybody.

I want to model a capacitor inside of near vacuum chamber, two electrode with one side of high voltage and the other side with ground. In between the plate, there are vapor (low conductvitiy~0 S/m) and glass insulator (low conductivity ~0 S/m).

Like capacitor, I have two plate with insulators and gas as shown in below. Q1.jpg

I set electric potential and ground boundary condition on the electrode conductor and the surface of the chamber. In this simple setup, I am simulating the electric potential[V] (V) and the electric norm [ec.normE] (V/mm).

Q2.jpg

Solution seems reasonable for me, but since I am new to the Comsol, I am not sure my simulation is accurately modeling what I am describing. Before I expand this 2D model to 3D model, I want to know what I am doing is correct. I attached the mph file. I appreciate any help or advice!

0 Replies Last Post Nov 19, 2018, 4:18 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saesun kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.