Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heating with a Moving Laser on Comsol 4.2?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to Comsol and would like to simulate the temperature increase as a laser source illuminates a substrate. I am following the tutorial on Comsol 3.5 of "Heating with a Moving Laser" but I would prefer to learn this on Comsol 4.2. Is there such a tutorial in 4.2, and if not could someone instruct me what is the best way to simulate the temp increase upon laser illumination.

Thank you very much,
Al

1 Reply Last Post Apr 13, 2012, 4:01 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alket Mertiri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2012, 4:01 a.m. EDT
Hi,
i´ve the same problem - i need to heat a material with a pulsed laser. All Problems solved? I´m a newbie in Comsol - but maybe 2 brains solve a problem faster.
Greetings Heinrich
Hi, i´ve the same problem - i need to heat a material with a pulsed laser. All Problems solved? I´m a newbie in Comsol - but maybe 2 brains solve a problem faster. Greetings Heinrich

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.