Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL with MATLAB crashing with trapezoidal integration

Jose Martinez-Quijada

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI everyone

My LiveLink for Matlab for COMSOL 4.2a, with Matlab R2011b works fine. I have a script in Matlab that works perfectly fine in Matlab alone and Matlab with COMSOL. This script doesn't contain any COMSOL function . I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.6.8.

The problem is that when I run COMSOL with Matlab with 3.5a compatibility, Matlab crashes when executing this simple code:

X = sort(rand(1,101)*pi);
Y = sin(X);
Z = trapz(X,Y);

I need this to work first before I can run other program with COMSOL 3.5a functions. I tried repairing the LiveLink for Matlab with the 4.2a installation DVD, with no luck.

I'll greatly appreciate your help on this

Jose

1 Reply Last Post Jun 26, 2013, 6:08 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jose Martinez-Quijada

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 26, 2013, 6:08 p.m. EDT
Hi:
have you got how to solve this problem?
I have exactly the same thing, please , can any one help me?
thanks,
Naema
Hi: have you got how to solve this problem? I have exactly the same thing, please , can any one help me? thanks, Naema

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.