Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

why does pressure apply follow the z-axis in 2D space dimension?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day everyone.
i am using comsol 4.0a : 2D, geometry is rectangle and polygon, material is water, pressure acoustic, when i applied pressure for polygon, it will be followed z direction which is i dont want to happen.
like my figure in the attach file
please help me.

3 Replies Last Post Apr 13, 2012, 3:07 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2012, 11:14 p.m. EDT
here is other case.
i can not control pressure apply for x-axis and Y-axis
here is other case. i can not control pressure apply for x-axis and Y-axis

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2012, 2:34 a.m. EDT
Sorry, just noticed that my reply was probably wrong
Sorry, just noticed that my reply was probably wrong

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2012, 3:07 a.m. EDT
Thank Edgar so much!
in this case(attach file) i already did that, but almost another case i cound not do that. So i think the probem is not 2D or 3D.
i would like to attach both of them at here to compare each other.
i saw both of them are same, but the results are completely different.
Please let's me know what is the problem at there.
Thanks so much
Thank Edgar so much! in this case(attach file) i already did that, but almost another case i cound not do that. So i think the probem is not 2D or 3D. i would like to attach both of them at here to compare each other. i saw both of them are same, but the results are completely different. Please let's me know what is the problem at there. Thanks so much

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.