Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

import 3D dwg or 2D dxf AutoCAD 2010 file into Comsol 4.2a???

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I saw some disucssion online. I should have CAD import module or Liveliink to import dwg into COMSOL.
And for 2D dxf file, i don't need these new add-ons.

However, surprisingly, I choose import geometry for all importable file types. Even The 2D dxf is not recoginizable.

My problem is to import 3D dwg into Comsol as geometry file. Now the 2D dxf is not recoginized.

May i ask what's the problem? Because my AutoCAD is 2010?

1 Reply Last Post Jul 13, 2012, 11:31 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 13, 2012, 11:31 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I would like to know the answer as well. I have a similar problem, when I import dxf files in the geometry tap I get the error message that the file is corrupted. How do I fix this?
Hi, I would like to know the answer as well. I have a similar problem, when I import dxf files in the geometry tap I get the error message that the file is corrupted. How do I fix this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.