Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Estimated error in the energy norm OR the error norm.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with something that I can't seem to find any help about in COMSOL support. I only see it mentioned very little and not in very much detail in the help documents. I am wondering how to calculate the estimated error in the energy norm (I've seen references to the "error norm" on this site, is that the same thing?). By energy norm, I am referring to the definition found in these two texts (if you are not familiar with the term, if you are, sorry for insulting your knowledge of the FEM :) www.math.cornell.edu/~demlow/425/chap5.pdf or www.cs.rpi.edu/~flaherje/pdf/fea7.pdf.

Thank you for your help in advance,

John

1 Reply Last Post Oct 16, 2012, 1:37 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2012, 1:37 p.m. EDT
I am still wondering if there is anyone who knows how to answer this question? I'm sorry if it's a little too theoretical...
I am still wondering if there is anyone who knows how to answer this question? I'm sorry if it's a little too theoretical...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.