Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wall crossed by particles below a certain value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Goodevening everybody, I'm asking help for a work apparently simple. I have a parallelepiped containing two inner walls. I generate two kind of particles (1um and 10um) and i move them thanks to a laminar flow. I want that the bigger particles reamain stick to the filters, so what i did was to set as a wall condition "stick" and as primary particle condition fpt.dp>2[um] with "pass through" as "otherwise" option. If i do that the sytem crashes with and avise saying that "some particles were removed for reaching maximum numbers of iterations per time step" while if i put as a condition fpt.dp<2[um] then it works. So i tought that it might be fault of the open boundary that the first has (for fpt.dp<2[um] is implicit that fpt.dp>0) so i tried with this expression to evaluate: 5[um]<fpt.dp<20[um] with the same other two conditions. What i obtain is that only particles of 10[um] pass while 1[um] remain stick!!! If i try with 20[um]>fpt.dp>5[um] then ALL of the particles are stick!! what i can do??!

0 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2023, 12:38 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesco Garzella

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.