Is it possible to intervene in the parameteric sweep of time-dependent solver?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I want to model the evolution of structure configuration toward its steady state under various specific parameter combinations and given initial conditions.

The problem is that the period from the initial condition to the steady state is unknown before modeling. For now, I use the parameteric sweep of time-dependent solver and specify a shared pretty long time period Ttotal to each of the time-dependent study. After a trial run, I find that for some parameter combinations, the steady state has already been reached far before Ttotal, while for some other parameter combinations, the steady state has not been reached yet.

So, I was wondering if it is possible (maybe through scripts) to intervene in the parameteric sweep of time-dependent solver, so that when a customized criterion (such as energy convergence) is satisfied, comsol can stop the calculation of current parameter combination and start to the next combination, automatically.

Best, HC L

1 Reply Last Post Apr 17, 2024, 3:44 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago Apr 17, 2024, 3:44 a.m. EDT

Check the options of the Events interface. You find it under Physics->Mathematics->ODE and DAE Interfaces.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Check the options of the Events interface. You find it under Physics->Mathematics->ODE and DAE Interfaces. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.