Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to integrate a table result

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have calculated surface integrals for total flux over particular features in my geometry. This outputs a table of total flux in (mol/s) vs. time points. I would like to then be able to integrate this vs. time to output a table of total mol vs. s but I cannot figure out how to integrate table data. Thanks!

6 Replies Last Post Jun 19, 2014, 6:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2013, 12:49 a.m. EST
Hi

in the later versions (I do not believe it was in the early 4.0) you have table operations such as integration, sum, average ... on the columns

Else you must create your variable, even make a new global variable and integrate this way over the time (valid for time/transient solving)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the later versions (I do not believe it was in the early 4.0) you have table operations such as integration, sum, average ... on the columns Else you must create your variable, even make a new global variable and integrate this way over the time (valid for time/transient solving) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 31, 2013, 12:54 a.m. EST
Thanks! This helped.
Thanks! This helped.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2013, 3:23 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I created a Global Evaluation for Power as a function of time but when I try to use the Data Series Operation - Integral, I get an error message saying "Table input type 'Time' does not match data input type 'Stationary'. Try evaluating in another table." But the data set is from a Time dependent analysis, so what would I be missing here?

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Hi, I created a Global Evaluation for Power as a function of time but when I try to use the Data Series Operation - Integral, I get an error message saying "Table input type 'Time' does not match data input type 'Stationary'. Try evaluating in another table." But the data set is from a Time dependent analysis, so what would I be missing here? Thanks, Jeffrey

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2013, 1:04 p.m. EDT
Hi
Could it be the study pointer going to a wrong Data Set, or a leftover, sometimes its better to clear the table if it exist from before.

Or that you solution has not solved OK, in which case COMSOl is in default time series t=0 mode, and will go out of this state once the solver has finished in stationary (could also be a a "subversion 0" effect ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Could it be the study pointer going to a wrong Data Set, or a leftover, sometimes its better to clear the table if it exist from before. Or that you solution has not solved OK, in which case COMSOl is in default time series t=0 mode, and will go out of this state once the solver has finished in stationary (could also be a a "subversion 0" effect ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 29, 2013, 4:36 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I deleted all previous solutions and it worked.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Hi Ivar, I deleted all previous solutions and it worked. Thanks, Jeffrey

Posted: 10 years ago Jun 19, 2014, 6:56 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar
I have got a similar problem. I try to integrate the current density on a surface of my model but I get this message "Table input type 'Stationary' does not match data input type 'Time'. Try evaluating in another table". My solver is time dependent solver.
thank you for your help
Giuseppe
Hi Ivar I have got a similar problem. I try to integrate the current density on a surface of my model but I get this message "Table input type 'Stationary' does not match data input type 'Time'. Try evaluating in another table". My solver is time dependent solver. thank you for your help Giuseppe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.