Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How I can shrink or expand my simulation box?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I have a simulation box to simulate a special form of the diffusion problem (I have my own PDE). I have only one field say density "ro" which varies during the simulation in the box. I want to have constant amount of mass in the box all the time or integral of ro over the volume constant. One way to do so is to change the size of the box in one direction during the simulation according to the constant mass constraint which is the way I want to do physically.

My questions are:
1) How I can add an integral constraint to my equations? and
2) How I can change the simulation size according to 1?
or the two steps are only one!!?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated much.

Abe

0 Replies Last Post May 3, 2013, 10:44 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ebrahim Asadi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.