Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quick question regarding integration order in Generator 2D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding the integration order of the z component of the electric field in the example model "Generator 2D". In the example model the order of integration, and thus the order of the polynomial used to solve the integral, is listed as 4 for the integration of the Area and the two Voltages of the magnets. Why is the integration order 4? Why not 3? Or 2 since we are dealing with a 2D model? Is it just so that the solution to the integration is more accurate? Would integration 3 or 2 work for this example model?

Basically I am asking, how do you decide what the integration order is?

Thanks so much for any help on this question.
Stephen

1 Reply Last Post Aug 17, 2013, 3:06 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2013, 3:06 a.m. EDT
the integration order is just related to the precision , but in most cases, the model is not sensitive to it, i,e. if you use order 3 or 2,the results are almost the same.
good luck!
the integration order is just related to the precision , but in most cases, the model is not sensitive to it, i,e. if you use order 3 or 2,the results are almost the same. good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.