Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MEMS module, Piezoelectric actuator, frequency response

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm doing frequency response analysis of piezo actuator using MEMS module.

I'm wondering when I input the electric potential value in boundary condition, How to input the cosine voltage?

i.e) input 100(V)--->This means 100Vp-p sine wave

then....how to input the cosine 100Vp-p??

I don't know how to input the cosine wave when we solve the frequency response problem...

Dose anybody know that ? Please save me~: )

2 Replies Last Post Aug 10, 2009, 8:05 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 10, 2009, 5:33 a.m. EDT
Hi,
just set "50" in the boundary settings for the amplitude of V. You can also set the phase.
Frequency response analysis considers all the inputs as sinusoids with a frequency given by the "freq" parameter you are using for the sweep.
Therefore tou only need to set amplitude and phase.
I hope this help.

Alessandro
Hi, just set "50" in the boundary settings for the amplitude of V. You can also set the phase. Frequency response analysis considers all the inputs as sinusoids with a frequency given by the "freq" parameter you are using for the sweep. Therefore tou only need to set amplitude and phase. I hope this help. Alessandro

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 10, 2009, 8:05 p.m. EDT
Thank you Mr.Alessandro
The following message is from Comsol support center.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Byungjin,

If you want to apply an harmonic electric potential with a phase shift of
pi/2 ( corresponding to the switch between a sine and cos), you just need
to enter the following expression:

V0*exp(j*pi/2)

That's all!

Best regards,

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Thank you Mr.Alessandro The following message is from Comsol support center. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Dear Byungjin, If you want to apply an harmonic electric potential with a phase shift of pi/2 ( corresponding to the switch between a sine and cos), you just need to enter the following expression: V0*exp(j*pi/2) That's all! Best regards, ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.