Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI and Turbulent Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to use the turbulent k-epsilon model in the chemical engineering module with fluid-Structure Interactions (FSI). Since my problem is an FSI case with turbulent fluid flow, I must use turbulent model with the FSI feature. While trying to solve the problem, It gives a message
"Error: 6250
Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: T_x_chns2
- Geometry: 1
- Boundaries: 16,17,42,47"

Kindly guide me if I am not selecting the modules properly or not coupling it propoerly. Kindly suggest what should I do. The file is attached for reference.
Thank you

3 Replies Last Post May 5, 2011, 10:54 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 29, 2010, 4:45 p.m. EDT
Look at the boundary loads in solid mechanics module. It is written -T_x_chns2 which should read -T_x_chns I assume.
Look at the boundary loads in solid mechanics module. It is written -T_x_chns2 which should read -T_x_chns I assume.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 7:06 a.m. EST
Hi,

did you suceed in implementing FSI and Turbulent Flow? I am facing the same problem...
For the simple Navier-Stokes application mode (ns), the application variable for Total Force per Area is T_xi. In chns, there is only T available, described as Total Force per Unit Area. I therefore tried T_chns, for all 3 directions (x,y,z), but I still get the same error message.

Failed to evaluate variable
- Variable: T_chns

Any suggestion? Thanks.
Hi, did you suceed in implementing FSI and Turbulent Flow? I am facing the same problem... For the simple Navier-Stokes application mode (ns), the application variable for Total Force per Area is T_xi. In chns, there is only T available, described as Total Force per Unit Area. I therefore tried T_chns, for all 3 directions (x,y,z), but I still get the same error message. Failed to evaluate variable - Variable: T_chns Any suggestion? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 5, 2011, 10:54 a.m. EDT
Anyone had good luck to solve this problem?
Anyone had good luck to solve this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.