Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inventor 9 connection with COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I presently own Inventor 9 and was informed that it should connect with COMSOL 3.5a w/updates. Following COMSOL's advice I have uninstalled and reinstalled COMSOL including updates, same issue.

Error: 2058 could not connect to Inventor.

Has anyone faced this issue and if so was it resolved?

Regards,
Michael

6 Replies Last Post Aug 6, 2009, 4:03 a.m. EDT
Lorant Olasz COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 2, 2009, 9:15 a.m. EDT

I presently own Inventor 9 and was informed that it should connect with COMSOL 3.5a w/updates. Following COMSOL's advice I have uninstalled and reinstalled COMSOL including updates, same issue.

Error: 2058 could not connect to Inventor.

Has anyone faced this issue and if so was it resolved?

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Note that Inventor 9 is an older version not supported by the interface. If you mean Inventor 2009 the connection should work and you can follow the instructions you received in response to your support question. Please contact the support team if you cannot solve the problem.

Best regards,
Lorant
COMSOL AB
[QUOTE] I presently own Inventor 9 and was informed that it should connect with COMSOL 3.5a w/updates. Following COMSOL's advice I have uninstalled and reinstalled COMSOL including updates, same issue. Error: 2058 could not connect to Inventor. Has anyone faced this issue and if so was it resolved? Regards, Michael [/QUOTE] Hi Michael, Note that Inventor 9 is an older version not supported by the interface. If you mean Inventor 2009 the connection should work and you can follow the instructions you received in response to your support question. Please contact the support team if you cannot solve the problem. Best regards, Lorant COMSOL AB

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 23, 2009, 12:00 a.m. EDT
Ok so I purchased and installed inventor 2010 same error and several thousand dollars spent, any other ideas?

Michael
408 505-2170
Ok so I purchased and installed inventor 2010 same error and several thousand dollars spent, any other ideas? Michael 408 505-2170

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 29, 2009, 7:25 a.m. EDT

Ok so I purchased and installed inventor 2010 same error and several thousand dollars spent, any other ideas?

Michael
408 505-2170

Hi Michael,

If you still experience this problem, please contact the support team, and I am sure that we can sort it out.

Best regards,
Lorant
COMSOL AB
[QUOTE] Ok so I purchased and installed inventor 2010 same error and several thousand dollars spent, any other ideas? Michael 408 505-2170 [/QUOTE] Hi Michael, If you still experience this problem, please contact the support team, and I am sure that we can sort it out. Best regards, Lorant COMSOL AB

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 3, 2009, 1:00 p.m. EDT

Michael
408 505-2170

Hi Michael,

If you still experience this problem, please contact the support team, and I am sure that we can sort it out.

Best regards,
Lorant
COMSOL AB

Hi Lorant!

Seems like Micheal is not the only one facing this problem... I get the same eroor-code (a screenshot from the error-details is attached). I have installed Comsol 3.5a with the latest updates (3.5.0.608 2009/05/11) and Inventor 2010. If there allready exists a solution for this problem, it would be the best to post it here - otherwise, I'd really liked to get a solution :)

I have installed COMSOL and Inventor in two different partitions, maybe that is a possible reason that this error occurs...

Thanks in advance!

Dominique
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] Ok so I purchased and installed inventor 2010 same error and several thousand dollars spent, any other ideas? Michael 408 505-2170 [/QUOTE] Hi Michael, If you still experience this problem, please contact the support team, and I am sure that we can sort it out. Best regards, Lorant COMSOL AB [/QUOTE] Hi Lorant! Seems like Micheal is not the only one facing this problem... I get the same eroor-code (a screenshot from the error-details is attached). I have installed Comsol 3.5a with the latest updates (3.5.0.608 2009/05/11) and Inventor 2010. If there allready exists a solution for this problem, it would be the best to post it here - otherwise, I'd really liked to get a solution :) I have installed COMSOL and Inventor in two different partitions, maybe that is a possible reason that this error occurs... Thanks in advance! Dominique

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 4, 2009, 4:52 a.m. EDT

Hi Lorant!

Seems like Micheal is not the only one facing this problem... I get the same eroor-code (a screenshot from the error-details is attached). I have installed Comsol 3.5a with the latest updates (3.5.0.608 2009/05/11) and Inventor 2010. If there allready exists a solution for this problem, it would be the best to post it here - otherwise, I'd really liked to get a solution :)

I have installed COMSOL and Inventor in two different partitions, maybe that is a possible reason that this error occurs...

Thanks in advance!

Dominique

Hi Michael and Dominique,

In some cases the add-in that provides the connection between COMSOL Multiphysics and Autodesk Inventor, does not install. You can find instructions on page 20 of the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide on how to manually install it.

For easier access, we have now also created a Knowledge Base solution for this error message:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1050/

If you, after following the instructions, still have problems with the connection to Autodesk Inventor, please contact the support team.

Best regards,
Lorant
COMSOL AB
[QUOTE] Hi Lorant! Seems like Micheal is not the only one facing this problem... I get the same eroor-code (a screenshot from the error-details is attached). I have installed Comsol 3.5a with the latest updates (3.5.0.608 2009/05/11) and Inventor 2010. If there allready exists a solution for this problem, it would be the best to post it here - otherwise, I'd really liked to get a solution :) I have installed COMSOL and Inventor in two different partitions, maybe that is a possible reason that this error occurs... Thanks in advance! Dominique [/QUOTE] Hi Michael and Dominique, In some cases the add-in that provides the connection between COMSOL Multiphysics and Autodesk Inventor, does not install. You can find instructions on page 20 of the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide on how to manually install it. For easier access, we have now also created a Knowledge Base solution for this error message: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1050/ If you, after following the instructions, still have problems with the connection to Autodesk Inventor, please contact the support team. Best regards, Lorant COMSOL AB

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 6, 2009, 4:03 a.m. EDT

Hi Lorant!

Thanks in advance!

Dominique

Hi Michael and Dominique,

In some cases the add-in that provides the connection between COMSOL Multiphysics and Autodesk Inventor, does not install. You can find instructions on page 20 of the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide on how to manually install it.

For easier access, we have now also created a Knowledge Base solution for this error message:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1050/

If you, after following the instructions, still have problems with the connection to Autodesk Inventor, please contact the support team.

Best regards,
Lorant
COMSOL AB

Hi Lorant,

yeah, I found those instructions in the userguide, but that was not causing the problem. Comsol is now running with Inventor without any problems. COMSOL is only able to connect to Inventor when a Geometry is opened in Inventors Workspace. The error-message should be sth like "not able to import geometry" instead of "unable to connect".

Thanks a lot, have a nic e day,
best regards,

Dominique
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] Hi Lorant! Seems like Micheal is not the only one facing this problem... I get the same eroor-code (a screenshot from the error-details is attached). I have installed Comsol 3.5a with the latest updates (3.5.0.608 2009/05/11) and Inventor 2010. If there allready exists a solution for this problem, it would be the best to post it here - otherwise, I'd really liked to get a solution :) I have installed COMSOL and Inventor in two different partitions, maybe that is a possible reason that this error occurs... Thanks in advance! Dominique [/QUOTE] Hi Michael and Dominique, In some cases the add-in that provides the connection between COMSOL Multiphysics and Autodesk Inventor, does not install. You can find instructions on page 20 of the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide on how to manually install it. For easier access, we have now also created a Knowledge Base solution for this error message: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1050/ If you, after following the instructions, still have problems with the connection to Autodesk Inventor, please contact the support team. Best regards, Lorant COMSOL AB [/QUOTE] Hi Lorant, yeah, I found those instructions in the userguide, but that was not causing the problem. Comsol is now running with Inventor without any problems. COMSOL is only able to connect to Inventor when a Geometry is opened in Inventors Workspace. The error-message should be sth like "not able to import geometry" instead of "unable to connect". Thanks a lot, have a nic e day, best regards, Dominique

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.