Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stop while solving

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I'm testing out new fluid flow models I plot the results while solving. If I see something happening that leads me to believe there is a modeling error, I stop the simulation, evaluate the model, make the changes and re-solve.

In 3.5a, the solution menu offered a "Stop" button for the solvers, in addition to a "Cancel" button for the entire solution. When the solvers were stopped in this manner, all previous time steps were available for post-processing.

In 4.0a, the only way I see to stop the simulation is to hit the "Cancel" button, which clears the solution completely.

Does anyone know a way to manually terminate a transient simulation and have the solution up to that point available for analysis?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Sep 15, 2010, 4:21 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 15, 2010, 4:21 p.m. EDT
If you'll vertically expand the region below the graphics window, you should see Stop buttons. To expand, put your cursor on the boundary between the graphics window and the region below it; the cursor changes to a double-headed arrow; click and hold the mouse while moving the arrow to a new position.
If you'll vertically expand the region below the graphics window, you should see Stop buttons. To expand, put your cursor on the boundary between the graphics window and the region below it; the cursor changes to a double-headed arrow; click and hold the mouse while moving the arrow to a new position.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.