Application Exchange

Pyramidal Horn Antenna

Robert Koslover, SARA, Inc.
Email:

We provide a convenient 3D RF model of a generic pyramidal microwave horn, with a simple user-adjustable (parameterized) geometry. The model was prepared with Comsol Multiphysics v4.2a with the RF module. The user may specify the input waveguide size (width and height), horn flare length, horn aperture dimensions, and some other useful settings, all as global definitions. Computational region, meshes, and frequency range are then defined automatically (but can also be modified by the user). Two symmetry planes are employed to speed up the computation. The model computes the gain, VSWR, and E-plane and H-plane far-field beam patterns.

Other Entries by This Contributor

User Comments

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:49am UTC

very useful, adjustable geometry, thanks.

Prathmesh Deshmukh
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:10am UTC

very helpful!

May 14, 2015 at 8:46am UTC

thank you very much!

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:58pm UTC

Thanks a lot!

Eduardo Pouzada
Nov 18, 2015 at 10:51pm UTC

You will find the shared *.mph very useful. Good insights of a detailed modeling.
Thank you.

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:55am UTC

thank you very much!

You Zhe Ho
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:03am UTC

HyungKoo Yoon
Oct 5, 2016 at 9:29am UTC

hi,
I am currently working on a modeling of a bow-tie antenna for gpr application. Although I am new to Comsol but i have tried to build the geometry. presently i am stuck on the transmission line (coaxial cable) modeling to transmit the electromagnetic field to the conductors. after computing i receive an error message "Uniform lumped port should be placed between two conductive boundaries.
- Feature: Type: Lumped Port
Tag: lport1
Operation: LumpedPort (lport1)"
Please am requesting from you with idea in other to resolve this problem.

Mustafa Khudhair
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:45am UTC

Hi HyungKoo Yoon,

did you solve your issue yet??

Osa Igbinosun
May 23, 2019 at 3:52am UTC

Hello,
I'm trying to understand the components of this model. Is there any documentation that I can read?

Thank you!

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:08pm UTC

Amazing thankyou!!!

Sadegh Shams
Apr 5, 2023 at 6:19pm UTC

Thank you for sharing!

Login to comment on this entry.