Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Does Comsol4 have the function of Time-integral?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

We can do Integration at several places in Comsol4, but it seems that all are space-integral, such as a domain, a boundary ---
If I want to do an Integration at a range of time, How should I do?

8 Replies Last Post Jan 17, 2012, 10:37 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2010, 11:19 a.m. EDT
Hi

this has been discussed a few times, try a search on the Forum, but I cannot remember the "good" solution, as I do not believe there is a "time integration" operator as for the space integration.

In som cases you can change the time variable to a space variable, if you can adapt the equations

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi this has been discussed a few times, try a search on the Forum, but I cannot remember the "good" solution, as I do not believe there is a "time integration" operator as for the space integration. In som cases you can change the time variable to a space variable, if you can adapt the equations -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 18, 2010, 12:56 p.m. EDT
see www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/
see http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 18, 2010, 3:46 p.m. EDT
Hi

Thanks Ozgur, I forgot to search on the KB, I was sure it was somewhere ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Thanks Ozgur, I forgot to search on the KB, I was sure it was somewhere ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 19, 2010, 2:29 p.m. EDT

Thanks, Ozgur
[QUOTE] see http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/ [/QUOTE] Thanks, Ozgur

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 19, 2011, 2:03 a.m. EDT
the suggestion was useful for me too!! thanks
the suggestion was useful for me too!! thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 19, 2011, 4:56 a.m. EDT

Right on, Ozgur, and in release 4.2a we have some nice news on this topic:

New additional time-dependent solutions operators that you can use for results evaluation, for example:

- timeint() for time integration

- timeavg() for time averages

4.2a will start shipping end of this week.

Niklas
[QUOTE] see http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/ [/QUOTE] Right on, Ozgur, and in release 4.2a we have some nice news on this topic: New additional time-dependent solutions operators that you can use for results evaluation, for example: - timeint() for time integration - timeavg() for time averages 4.2a will start shipping end of this week. Niklas

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2012, 9:58 a.m. EST
Hello Niklas,

I was wondering where may I find the time integral function timeint()? It would be great if you may drop quick tips to use this function

However, sugestions from Ivar and knowledge base 913 was helpful.

-Thanks
Kumar
Hello Niklas, I was wondering where may I find the time integral function timeint()? It would be great if you may drop quick tips to use this function However, sugestions from Ivar and knowledge base 913 was helpful. -Thanks Kumar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2012, 10:37 a.m. EST
Hi

The special operator "timeint()" is in v4.2a (1.66 is my current one) try a help search "timeint" or "special operators"
It's limited to post processing though. For the solver process you must go via the ODE as described in the KB

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi The special operator "timeint()" is in v4.2a (1.66 is my current one) try a help search "timeint" or "special operators" It's limited to post processing though. For the solver process you must go via the ODE as described in the KB -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.