Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating The Radius of Curvature on a 2D Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

First, I would like to mention that I probably checked every topic related with spatial derivatives. In a 2D environment, I am trying to model a fluid-gas interface (1D, line) which will deform according to the total force on it. However, this force on any given point is a parameter of the radius of curvature.

With the deforming mesh application mode and weak constraints, I tried to get the results with operators: d(Y,x), Yx or even with yx too. yx does not even give an output which may be due to the fact that y is not on the moving frame, so there is no answer to be calculated. Moreover, the operator d(_,_) always gives 0. Even for other parameters like u and v which have non-zero change. I obtained non-zero results with Yz for a quarter circle arc geometry. However, the resulting derivative is both wavy and inconsistent with the expected result.

I appreciate your help and thank all of you in advance.
Kind regards.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 7, 2010, 5:31 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mustafa Koz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.