Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Point source in 3D COMSOL, RF module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I'm trying to simulate the near-field behaviour of a super-scatterer in 3 dimensions. I learned how to do the 2D case from this thread:
www.edaboard.com/thread118739.html

But I'm not able to do the same for the 3D case. More specifically for the application mode: 3D->RF Mod->EM Waves->Harmonic propagation

Defining a point in 3D space is still possible, but the option Physics->Point Settings appears to have been grayed out and can't be selected whether or not the defined point is.

My aim is just to create an isotropic radiator. How should I proceed on this?

3 Replies Last Post Mar 21, 2016, 4:51 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2010, 9:58 a.m. EST
Hi,

Has anyone experienced such a problem?

I have the same problem, I need to use point source for 3D calculations in RF module. What can be done as an alternative for point source? I don't know if a line source can be used instead of point source.

Thanks in advance,
Elif

Hi, Has anyone experienced such a problem? I have the same problem, I need to use point source for 3D calculations in RF module. What can be done as an alternative for point source? I don't know if a line source can be used instead of point source. Thanks in advance, Elif

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 15, 2010, 4:29 a.m. EST

Hi,

Has anyone experienced such a problem?

I have the same problem, I need to use point source for 3D calculations in RF module. What can be done as an alternative for point source? I don't know if a line source can be used instead of point source.

Thanks in advance,
Elif

Hello,
Electric and magnetic point dipoles are supported in version 4 of the RF Module.

--
Niklas Rom, COMSOL
[QUOTE] Hi, Has anyone experienced such a problem? I have the same problem, I need to use point source for 3D calculations in RF module. What can be done as an alternative for point source? I don't know if a line source can be used instead of point source. Thanks in advance, Elif [/QUOTE] Hello, Electric and magnetic point dipoles are supported in version 4 of the RF Module. -- Niklas Rom, COMSOL

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 21, 2016, 4:51 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I suppose you have solved the problem. Could you please explain more in detail how I could model a point source or a filamentary currents in a 3D scenario?
In 2D it is just matter of drawing a point and then add a point source there but in a 3D scenario Comsol does not allow you to do that.
Thank you for your help.
Domenica
Hi, I suppose you have solved the problem. Could you please explain more in detail how I could model a point source or a filamentary currents in a 3D scenario? In 2D it is just matter of drawing a point and then add a point source there but in a 3D scenario Comsol does not allow you to do that. Thank you for your help. Domenica

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.