Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Steam condensation in internal tube

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm new in Comsol and I'm starting to operate this software for a while.

I have a problem to test, that is a steam condensation inside tube (coil) with cold water circulating outside this tube.

Generalizing the system:

Subdomains:
1 - Cooper Coil: Saturated steam: (multhiphase flow - heat transfer)
Saturated Steam entering (i.e) at 100°C and 1 atm inside the tube (coil), at mass flow of 2 kg/min (i.e) and condensating inside and leaving the tube as a condensate.

2 - Tube (coil) thichness: Heat transfer conduction
As long the steam condensate its release energy (heat) to the tube and it is conducted to a cold water outside.

3 - Shell: Cold Water:
Cold water entering the system, outside the coil, at 20°C, at mass flow of 13 L/min, removing heat from the coil.

But I'm very new in Comsol, I'm already testing the software and I would like to recieve some tips in how implement this problem.

I don't know if Comsol have equations for limit-layer of condensate in internal condesation, or if I need to input in way of expression. Or other expression to phase-change of steam to water, etc..

Well, I'm opened to discuss more about it.

Thank you for any advice or tip.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 2, 2009, 12:28 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello André Wust Zibetti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.