Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

bubbly flow mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone can tell me if the bubbly flow mode takes into account the fact that the bubble volume increases as the bubble rises in the liquid (and therefore, the pressure decreases)?I have the impression that the bubble diameter is considered constant as the gas rises...
Help me please!

Thanks,

Cecilia

1 Reply Last Post Nov 3, 2009, 3:01 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 3, 2009, 3:01 a.m. EST
Hi

for me it would be logical that the bubble grows, if the physics behind treat the full PV=NKT formulation. For me these questions are typical the pertinent questions one should ask oneself for all results obtained. I call it model verification.

So my only suggestion: dig into the physics you have set up, do a couple of hand calculations and check the results against them.

The difference with COMSOl and other FEM "black-box" softwares are that you apply the true physics in a visible way. But I agree, it takes some time to feel compfortable with the back stage of COMSOL as the physic domains covered is large, I would say unlimited ...

Goos luck
Ivar
Hi for me it would be logical that the bubble grows, if the physics behind treat the full PV=NKT formulation. For me these questions are typical the pertinent questions one should ask oneself for all results obtained. I call it model verification. So my only suggestion: dig into the physics you have set up, do a couple of hand calculations and check the results against them. The difference with COMSOl and other FEM "black-box" softwares are that you apply the true physics in a visible way. But I agree, it takes some time to feel compfortable with the back stage of COMSOL as the physic domains covered is large, I would say unlimited ... Goos luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.