Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

two group of equations solved separately in iterative method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

i am trying to solve two group of equations according to the attached flowchart,
i was wondering how to manage the solver system (segregated solvers)?
each group must be solved in an iterative method, while the variables belong to the other group are considered constant, and iterated back until convergence occur,
i would be grateful for any help,
behrooz

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2011, 12:57 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 12:58 a.m. EST
Hi

indeed study the segregated solver grouping, you can add several sub nodes and remove or add the dependent variables at will (so long all appear once at least). Get hands on the updated version of v4, as the doc has been greatly improved

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed study the segregated solver grouping, you can add several sub nodes and remove or add the dependent variables at will (so long all appear once at least). Get hands on the updated version of v4, as the doc has been greatly improved -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 18, 2011, 12:57 p.m. EDT
Hello Ivar,

I have the same problem. I am an comsol 3.5a user. As I understand here, I have to use the segragated solve with two steps. 1 - for the first equation and 2 - for the second equation.

Is that correct?

Thanks.
Hello Ivar, I have the same problem. I am an comsol 3.5a user. As I understand here, I have to use the segragated solve with two steps. 1 - for the first equation and 2 - for the second equation. Is that correct? Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.