Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

From millimeter to micrometer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm working on the detection of angular velocity based on Coriolis Effect, I have succeeded to validate Drive and Sense mode of a design in a millimetric scale. However, when I move to micometer scale using the same design I found that Sense electrode dosen't change before and after applying rotating frame in COMSOL. (Eg. Sensing voltage when oméga =0 is the same Sensing voltage when omega =100) Is this related to um geometry? Why the um geometry doesn't subject to the same Coriolis force subjected to mm geometry? I will be grateful if someone could help me to solve this and give explanations about the non-responding of the model in micrometric scale !!!

Best Regards Hela

0 Replies Last Post Dec 9, 2017, 7:34 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Héla Mabrouk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.