Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Semiconductor Simulation Convergance issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently trying to simulate a particle sensor chip that uses a high N and P doping concentrations in a non symmetric confiugration within the silicon. Also, I am reverse biasing the voltage appled to the N and P regions with a Auxilitary sweep function that comsol uses to reach -800V.

The simulation converges to -800V when I only have 1 rectangle (which is the sensor). But as soon as I create add another small rectangle (glass; also adding this domain to the charge conservation tab in the semiconductor module), to determine the electric field outside the silicon the solution no longer converges.

Could someone please help me with this? Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post Apr 20, 2018, 4:27 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Omeed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.