Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

From 3.5 to 4.1

Triantafyllos (Fyllos) Stylianopoulos

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I cannot run my COMSOL 3.5 code using COMSOL 4.1.

I figured out the problem might be that in my 3.5 code I had to change some of the default variables of the equation system. I did these changes following the path: Physics -> Equation System -> Subdomain Settings -> Variables.

Comsol 4.1 does not seem to provide you with the option to modify the variables in the equation system. How can I do these changes so that my code to run again in COMSOL 4.1?

thank you,
Fyllos

3 Replies Last Post May 24, 2011, 1:36 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 23, 2011, 10:58 a.m. EDT
Hi

yes you can, but you must turn "on" the equation view in the "preferences"

My advice:
rebuild your model from scratch in V4, as even if importing 3.5 mostly works, but you will get crazy with the mix of variable names

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes you can, but you must turn "on" the equation view in the "preferences" My advice: rebuild your model from scratch in V4, as even if importing 3.5 mostly works, but you will get crazy with the mix of variable names -- Good luck Ivar

Triantafyllos (Fyllos) Stylianopoulos

Posted: 1 decade ago May 23, 2011, 2:23 p.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Indeed I agree with you and try to build the model in COMSOL 4.1 from scratch.

Regarding my problem on viewing the equation system and modifying the variables, I have the "show equation view" box checked but I cannot see the equations.

Could you please let me know how I can actually see the equations and the variables as we could do with COMSOL 3.5 following the path I described you in the previous email?

Thank you very much in advance,

Fyllos
Dear Ivar, Thank you very much for your prompt response. Indeed I agree with you and try to build the model in COMSOL 4.1 from scratch. Regarding my problem on viewing the equation system and modifying the variables, I have the "show equation view" box checked but I cannot see the equations. Could you please let me know how I can actually see the equations and the variables as we could do with COMSOL 3.5 following the path I described you in the previous email? Thank you very much in advance, Fyllos

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 1:36 a.m. EDT
Hi

the equations appear as the lowest level node in the model node tree

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the equations appear as the lowest level node in the model node tree -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.