Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inputing Navier-stokes eq. in to comsol by using PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,

I want to solve the inviscid flow in comsol for a two phase problem, but by setting viscosity to Zero, there are some problems with convergence. It seems that I should input the inviscid NS equations in to comsol manually.

How can I define the Inviscid NS equations in comsol by using PDE or somthing else??

Best regards,

2 Replies Last Post Jun 6, 2011, 3:51 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 1:12 a.m. EDT
I am trying to do the same thing. Did you find any solution?

Ay help would appreciate.
Thanks
Sm
I am trying to do the same thing. Did you find any solution? Ay help would appreciate. Thanks Sm

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 3:51 a.m. EDT
i'm trying to do the same thing to, i chose to use the "weak form, subdomain" but i don't know how to input my boundaries conditions .. ideas ?

thinks all :)
i'm trying to do the same thing to, i chose to use the "weak form, subdomain" but i don't know how to input my boundaries conditions .. ideas ? thinks all :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.