Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate electrical current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to calculate the electrical resistance of sphere with to contact surfaces in first one i impose potential condition in the seconde one a nul potential and electrical insulation for all the sphere surface.

For calculating the electrical resistance of sphere i calculate the electrical current throught the first surface (inlet) by using the Integration Coupling Variables (I1=Jx*nx+Jy*ny+Jz*nz) and the same expression for the seconde surface (outlet) (I1=Jx*nx+Jy*ny+Jz*nz). In the ideal case i must obtain the same current I1=I2 but the result is differente.

I dont now who to do this modelling in comsol.

Thank for you answer

1 Reply Last Post Feb 16, 2012, 1:22 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bourbatache Khaled

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2012, 1:22 a.m. EST
Hi,

I have raised exactly the same issue in a different geometry. Can someone throw light on this ?

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26157/

Thanks
Murali
Hi, I have raised exactly the same issue in a different geometry. Can someone throw light on this ? http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26157/ Thanks Murali

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.