Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating Ice Melting from -20 degC to room temperature 25 degC in a tank under vibration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to simulate the metling dynamics of ice in a tank under environmental vibration (eg. 2 Hz, 1 g).

I need to consider the phase change process and also the free convection in the situation where a tank with ice (initial temperature: -20 degC) is held in the air (25 degC).

Can anyone give me some suggestions and some examples on this? I am new to comsol, just did some toturial examples using this software.

Please let me know any of your thoughts.

Thanks,

Hai

0 Replies Last Post Nov 15, 2018, 5:39 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hailing Fu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.