Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thin walls in the heat transfer simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have to model object with solid heat source. This heat source must be in the box with very thin walls. I would like to observe heat transfer from heat source to the box and then to the air. Later it will be used to study cooling of the casing.
2D representation of my model shows attached graphic file.
For my simulation I use Heat transfer and Laminar Flow coupled modules. As you can see on the picture I would like to model box's walls as boundaries. In the heat transfer module I see boundary condition like "Highly Conductive Layer" or "Thin Thermally Resistive Layer" where I can apply thickness but I can't apply wall boundary condition for these boundaries in the Laminar Flow module. I see it is possible only for boundaries of contact solid/fluid.
Equation for no slip wall is just u=0. Is there any possibility to apply this equation to the boundaries another way?

I would be gratefull for any suggestions,
Przemek

0 Replies Last Post Sep 12, 2011, 12:20 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Przemek Kluska

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.