Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hollow Membrane Fibre Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'am attempting to recreate a hollow membrane fibre model from this link:

https://www.comsol.com/video/modeling-co2-removal-with-hollow-fiber-modules-in-comsol-aug-20-2018

I was hoping to be able to completely reconstruct their model to get a better understanding of COMSOL's operations.

Currently I cannot check the box "Enact porous media domains" under the "Lamin Flow" component that I have created.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 27, 2019, 8:50 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Feb 27, 2019, 8:50 a.m. EST

Hi Jordan,

The likely issue is that the license you are using does not include the same optional modules as the license used in that video. From a little testing I just performed on my machine here, the "Enable porous media domains" checkbox requires either one of the CFD Module or Microfluidics Module. You can check which optional modules are on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Jordan, The likely issue is that the license you are using does not include the same optional modules as the license used in that video. From a little testing I just performed on my machine here, the "Enable porous media domains" checkbox requires either one of the CFD Module or Microfluidics Module. You can check which optional modules are on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.