Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error during solving...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation.

What does it mean and how can I solve it?

3 Replies Last Post Oct 5, 2011, 9:16 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2011, 8:51 a.m. EDT

Hi,

I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation.

What does it mean and how can I solve it?

Hi,
I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM?
P
[QUOTE] Hi, I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation. What does it mean and how can I solve it? [/QUOTE] Hi, I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM? P

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2011, 9:09 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM?
P

On the computer I am now at there is 2GB RAM, .. shouldn´t that be enough?
[QUOTE]Hi, I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM? P [/QUOTE] On the computer I am now at there is 2GB RAM, .. shouldn´t that be enough?

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2011, 9:16 a.m. EDT
Well, it depends on the complexity of your problem!
Have you tried to simplify it and see if you get the same error message? Or try to run your Comsol simulation on a PC with more RAM.
P
Well, it depends on the complexity of your problem! Have you tried to simplify it and see if you get the same error message? Or try to run your Comsol simulation on a PC with more RAM. P

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.