Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parts of my domain are not recognized when plotting results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm studying the interaction of two coils with current running through them (the topic of a different discussion topic of mine) and I found that the oddest thing is occurring - while a model with 1 coil plots just fine and the entire domain of the coil is coloured and affects the plots, 2 coils results in this strange effect of some of the coils/surfaces not being seen by the results. The study converges without errors, but when I first make the second coil (either on the same work plane or a second one, I get the popup "An unexpected error has occurred" and am directed to a log file that has errors like
"06647:630 ERROR Unhandled error occurred during event processing. [com.comsol.gui]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 33
at com.comsol.util.classes.CsBitSet.a(Unknown Source)" etc (it won't let me attach the html save of the log).

Does anyone know why COMSOL has problems with me making a second coil? I also get the unexpected error box when I'm trying to select the domain to add a material to it. I've attached a picture of the phenomenon as well as the model with one coil and with two coils. Those parts aren't hidden, I've checked that. I just don't know why I can't make a second domain/shape ):

Thanks for any help you can offer,
GG

0 Replies Last Post Oct 6, 2011, 1:25 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello GG

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.