Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to trace particles in a time dependent flow.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My simulation is time dependent (Sinusoidal Velocity Inlet, zero pressure outlet). First, I solve the laminar fluid, then I want to trace particles in this transient velocity field. But all particles just locate at the inlet without any motion.
I also search some examples, but their fluid flow is steady. So I wonder whether comsol can solve the question like mine.
Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Mar 26, 2019, 3:43 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jun Dong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.