Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Some doubt about the 'point setting'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

Recently I met some problem about the 'point setting' for the initial value assignment.

My model is the PDE coefficient form under the dynamic analysis, and geometry is a rectangle. In order to model some purity, I introduce some random points before the meshing. Different from the initial value in the subdomian setting as 1.0, I assigned the initial value for the random points as 0.0 by using the 'point setting'. After the dynamic computing, I obtained the data from the postprocessing as about 0.8 at these random point when the time t equals 0. I am puzzled why they are not 0.0?

I am very pleased if some one can explain to me or give me some guidlines for the proper operation!

0 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2011, 9:12 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sharon ZHANG

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.