Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Technical noise modelling PCB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I am currently using COMSOL 5.2a. I need to do technical noise modelling of a PCB. I did not find any examples or tutorials, which might help me apart from the microstrip_line_crosstalk.mph example, which I cannot run on COMSOL 5.2.

More specifically, I need to model: - Crosstalk - 1/f noise - Thermal noise - Bouncing - Ringing - Impedance mismatching … on a PCB.

I don’t have much experience on this, so I need support. Best would be to have state-of-the-art models, which include all or some of these phenomena in order that I can base on them for my further models.

Thank you very much, Maria

1 Reply Last Post Apr 30, 2019, 9:01 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 30, 2019, 9:01 a.m. EDT

Hi,

Here is a comsol blog post that has some of what you want to analyze:

https://www.comsol.com/blogs/analyzing-time-domain-reflectometry-for-2-electrical-designs/

Also, search around a bit more on their blog as sometimes there are some pieces here and there. If you are running an older version of comsol and are not on support it might be difficult to get simulation files.

Hi, Here is a comsol blog post that has some of what you want to analyze: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/analyzing-time-domain-reflectometry-for-2-electrical-designs/ Also, search around a bit more on their blog as sometimes there are some pieces here and there. If you are running an older version of comsol and are not on support it might be difficult to get simulation files.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.