Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to take variable(curvature)into comsol 5.4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to calculate the curvature of the raised droplets in the graph. I don't know how to introduce this parameter.(Oval represents droplet)Thank you,every bro.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 23, 2019, 10:23 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 23, 2019, 10:23 a.m. EDT

Hello,

There is a predefined variable available on edges called curv_spatial. I never remember the names of those types of quantities, but here's the trick: you can find the name of such predefined variables by creating a plot and looking among the expressions available for plotting (Here, by doing a Line plot and looking among the Geometry expressions), see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, There is a predefined variable available on edges called curv_spatial. I never remember the names of those types of quantities, but here's the trick: you can find the name of such predefined variables by creating a plot and looking among the expressions available for plotting (Here, by doing a Line plot and looking among the Geometry expressions), see the attached screenshot. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.