Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem With Inducing Current In A Moving Conductor Place In Constant Magnetic Field

Nalladhimmu Pavan Kumar Reddy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have placed a moving aluminium conductor in a constant magentic field produced by a coil excied with constant voltage. I am unable to get any induced currents in the conductor. I am using magnetic fields physics and continuity is employed. displacement current density are ignored as i am using magnetic fields physics. And air medium is provided.

5 Replies Last Post Oct 3, 2019, 12:37 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 21, 2019, 11:01 p.m. EDT

There is probably an error in your model. I encourage you to post the model to the forum so that others can look at it and help you.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There is probably an error in your model. I encourage you to post the model to the forum so that others can look at it and help you.

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 22, 2019, 10:03 a.m. EDT

You can use this link: https://www.comsol.co.in/model/voltage-induced-in-a-coil-by-a-moving-magnet-14163. May be it is useful for you.

You can use this link: https://www.comsol.co.in/model/voltage-induced-in-a-coil-by-a-moving-magnet-14163. May be it is useful for you.

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 22, 2019, 11:31 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Sep 23, 2019, 12:07 a.m. EDT

Thank you for the reply This is my comsol file. I have set a rotating motion to the aluminum blades and the coil is excited to produce a constant magnetic field.

>There is probably an error in your model. I encourage you to post the model to the forum so that others can look at it and help you. Thank you for the reply This is my comsol file. I have set a rotating motion to the aluminum blades and the coil is excited to produce a constant magnetic field.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 28, 2019, 4:28 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Sep 28, 2019, 4:28 a.m. EDT

Hi,

this is better set up in a Rotating Machinery Magnetic (rmm) approach. Refer to the application library model in AC/DC Module > Motors and Actuators > generator 2D.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, this is better set up in a Rotating Machinery Magnetic (rmm) approach. Refer to the application library model in AC/DC Module > Motors and Actuators > generator 2D. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 3, 2019, 12:37 a.m. EDT

I have now used rotating machinery, Everything looks fine but my coil output current for simulatio is different than the required output as in attached image below.

I have now used rotating machinery, Everything looks fine but my coil output current for simulatio is different than the required output as in attached image below.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.